Our friend Jiwon Lee is missing. She is 5’2 and 120 pounds and, though this is not in the police notice, you should know also that she is smart and beautiful and great. We are all hoping for her safe return.
As a stand-up comic and producer, she was an integral part of the comedy community…
If you were at ECCC and spent any time in Pike Place Market, please read this! If you are feeling sick GO TO A DOCTOR!
Today I am grateful for vaccines. This is a lot worse than the usual “convention crud”.
It’s important to note that if you were exposed and you think you may have measles. you need to call the doctor or the hospital you are going to BEFORE you go. They need to be prepared for your arrival so that you don’t spread measles to others.
Fucking hell. Signal boost for people who were at Emerald City ComicCon and stopped by Pike’s on the 29th.
Oh what the fuck. D:
Fuck. I’m at the Market at least twice a week for lunch; now I have to remember if I was there then. (I’ve been vaccinated against measles, but shit.)
FYI, the CDC says that if you’ve had two doses of the MMR vaccine then you should still be protected. (I’ve never been so glad to have thorough records, man.)
Given how many kids there were at the con, though, keep boosting the hell out of this signal.
holy fucking shit
Dear God. Signal boosting. The press release from the Washington State Department of Health is here:
And the list aof affected places is here:
Seriously, pay attention to this, most especially if you were in the affected area and are in contact with children or pregnant women!
Damn, Papa McCall, Beacon Hills scared you so much you ran away to a war-torn country on the other side of the world.
(I also just realized that Matthew Del Negro also plays Giovanni on Rizzoli & Isles. I wonder where he’ll pop up next…)
Finally watched this week’s NCIS: Los Angeles…
ERIC YOU BADASS MOFO
BULLETS BEING FIRED AROUND YOU AND NOT EVEN FLINCHING
YOU ARE NEO DODGING THOSE BULLETS
Why, yes, I quite like Eric Beale, why do you ask? ;D
Well, looks like I’m not doing the current Neopets plot in Moltara. I’m not wasting tens of thousands of NPs on crap items that before today were only 1 NP.
Neo should have put a price freeze or a cap on these items, because now a lot of players can’t participate. I could afford it, but how many others can’t? It’s ridiculous.
Thankfully, it looks like not all of the items have had their prices artificially jacked up. Still, it would figure that I’d get ask for four Ghostkerchief Banjos that are now in the 30,000 NP+ range.
I AM STILL GOING ‘WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?’ MODE HERE. AND THE EYES ARE DIFFERENT!!! HOW THE hell is Kate is alive?! Unless she was a were courger or were jaguire before Peter killed her, would he had smelled another supernatural around?
DON’T CHANGE THE EYE GAME JEFF!!!
So. Teen Wolf season finale. I’m… IDEK.
• Killing off Aiden? Didn’t see that coming. And now Ethan’s leaving. The huge question is: did they ever give those two last names? No, seriously, that’s been bugging me this whole season.
• Malia is around. Somehow. Okay. If this devolves into a Lydia/Stiles/Malia love triangle I am going to be so pissed. C’mon, show, you’re better than that. Also, the Stiles/Malia thing is still a little creepy.
• Where the hell is Peter? Off getting a paternity test? (Yes, probably.)
• I’m a little bummed how they finished off the nogitsune. I really wanted it where the two halves had to become a whole, and Stiles beats the nogistune that way. Yes, I want good demon fox!Stiles, I freely admit it. It would be fascinating. He’d have both the memories of a 17-year-old boy and a 1000 year old fox. He’d have the memories of all the deaths the nogistune caused, and has to deal with that, with the fact that he— part of him— did those things. (Fanfic writers, please explore this possibility?)
• DANNY KNOWS. ♥ Smart Danny is smart. I wonder if he’ll be involved more? That’d be awesome. Wouldn’t it be hilarious if he knew about werewolves all along, even before the start of the show?
• Ugh, Kate Argent. Really? Really? I guess we’ll get the glory of having someone kill her off again. Derek, maybe. Or maybe Chris will. I’m just really not looking forward to next season if she’s around as whatever the hell she is. And if they try to make it where she’s ~*~totally good nao guise~*~ I will really be pissed. No. Just no. NO. NO. NO. HELL NO.
• Also, did they borrow special effects people from Grimm for her transformation?
DAMN IT PETER HALE
YOU HAD ONE JOB
KILL KATE ARGENT
NOT TURN HER INTO A PSYCHO ZOMBIE CAT WOLF MONSTER THING
I’m not asking you to donate anything, or pay for anything.
I’m only asking for you to click that “reblog” button.
And, in doing so, spread awareness about Schizoaffective Disorder, and help to reduce the myths and misconceptions.
There is so little awareness about Schizoaffective Disorder, which makes it really difficult for those of us suffering from it, to receive understanding within society. Common reactions can range from complete ignorance, to assumptions that the disorder unequivocally equates to the notion that we are violent, or dangerous. There are a lot of very common misconceptions, that could be blotted out, with only a little bit of awareness.
What is Schizoaffective Disorder?
Schizoaffective Disorder, is a serious psychiatric condition, in which individuals suffer from both psychotic, and affective (mood) issues. It is diagnosed, when symptoms of Schizophrenia, collide with symptoms of a mood disorder, such as Bipolar Disorder or Major Depressive Disorder. It is difficult to diagnose, as it can closely resemble other disorders, such as Schizophrenia, or Bipolar Disorder with Psychotic Features. There are many technicalities in the DSM-IV that differentiate these disorders, making the disorder something that requires professional observation, treatment, and maybe most importantly, time, to diagnose accurately.
What can the symptoms of Schizoaffective Disorder include? (Source: The Mayo Clinic)
- Strange or unusual thoughts or perceptions
- Paranoid thoughts and ideas
- Delusions - having false, fixed beliefs
- Hallucinations - eg./ hearing voices
- Unclear or confused thoughts (disorganised thinking)
- Periods of depression
- Periods of manic moods/sudden increases in energy
- Irritability or poor temper control
- Suicidal thoughts, and/or thoughts of homicide
- A speaking style that people sometimes can’t follow or understand
- Behaviour at the extreme end of the spectrum, for example behaving in a bizarre way
- Problems with attention and memory
- Lack of concern about hygeine and physical appearance
- Changes in energy and appetite
- Sleep disturbances
What are the treatments for Schizoaffective Disorder?
- Anti-psychotic medications
- Mood-stabilizing medications
- Anti-depressants (usually in conjunction with at least one of the above)
- Psychotherapy and counselling
- Family therapy
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
Are all people with Schizoaffective Disorder really dangerous?
No, this is a stereotypical myth. Researchers have discussed that there is almost no conceivable way of figuring out whether environmental factors, or personality traits, account for the crime and violence that may occur in individuals with a mental illness.
What to do if you think a loved one may be suffering with Schizoaffective Disorder?
- Make sure that they have the contact details of suicide helplines, and mental health helplines in their possession
- Make sure you have the number of a mental health outreach team on your cell phone, in case things progress rapidly and your loved one needs immediate help
- Talk to them about how they are feeling, and suggest that it might be time to have a chat to your Doctor
- Reassure them, that you only want to make their life better
- Get a referral to a knowledgable and reputable Psychiatrist, and make sure that they receive the help that they need
- Don’t be angry or upset around them, if you feel that way, save that for your own time, and if you are struggling with what is going on for them, consider seeing a counsellor to help you deal with how you feel about what is going on
So, what is with the ribbon?
I have realised that there is no real official ribbon for Schizoaffective Disorder, well, at least not one I can find! So, I made one online. The grey, is representative of the Schizophrenia awareness ribbon, and symbolises the psychotic symptoms associated with Schizoaffective Disorder. The green lining, is representative of the affective (mood) components of Schizoaffective Disorder, as green is currently displayed upon the Bipolar Disorder awareness ribbon. Bipolar Disorder can involve manic episodes/depressive episodes/mixed episodes, so it is relevant to the Schizoaffective ribbon. This Schizoaffective Disorder ribbon represents that collision of psychotic and affective (mood) symptoms, which are so relevant in this disorder.
The ribbon is transparent, so it won’t compromise your blog’s aesthetic goodness! Please pass this on. Love, hope, and strength to you.
God, guys, this is so important. I’m tearing up. This is my disorder! Someone actually cared enough to raise awareness for my disorder!
Inky paw prints presumably left by a curious kitty on a 15th century manuscript.
From National Geographic.
THOU CANST NOT HAS CHEEZBURGER!